If you are seeing “Sorry we don’t recognize this email address or phone number” error in your Yahoo account when trying to sign in, you are either entering the wrong user id or someone has hacked your account.
In certain cases, you may face this error because of some technical issue at Yahoo end, however, in such a case, waiting for sometime before trying to sign in again should fix the problem.
If you have already waited for long but still seeing the error on the Yahoo sign-in page, you are either entering wrong user id (email address or phone number) or your account has been hacked and someone changed your account password.
To know how to clear the error in such a case, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Fix “Sorry we Don’t Recognize this Email Address or Phone Number” Error in Yahoo
- Go to the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page and enter details for one of the options prompted. The options would like the following:
- Sign-in email address or mobile number
- Recovery phone number
- Recovery email address
NOTE: Make sure to have correct information about one of the options provided in the first step and then click on the Continue button.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted whether you have access to the email address or phone number entered by you. You will be prompted with this question in order to allow Yahoo to send a verification code to your phone number or email address for verification purpose. So, click on the Yes, text me a verification code / Yes, please send me a verification code
- Yahoo will send a verification code to your phone number/email address which you will need to enter in the prompted field on the next page.
- Enter the verification code on the next page and click on the Verify
- On the next page, all your Yahoo accounts associated with the phone number or email address you entered earlier will be shown.
- Select the account that you wish to recover from the given ones.
- As you will click on the account to be recovered, Yahoo will start the process of recovering your account. On the next screen, you will need to click on the Yes, secure my account
- Then, on the next screen, you will be prompted to prove that you are nor a robot. For this, simply select the checkbox next to I’m not a robot and click on the Continue
- After that, you will be prompted to create a new password for your account on the next page. Enter the new password in the provided fields and click on the Continue You will be directed to the sign-in page where your user id will be pre-populated in the field.
- Click on the Next button, you will be asked to enter the password in the prompted field. After entering the password, click on the Sign in Then, you will be asked to update your recovery email address and phone number. Update the information and click on the Looks good button. Finally, you will see a notification that reads “Your security settings have been updated”. Just click on the OK, got it button and you are done.
And this is how you can clear the “Sorry We Don’t Recognize This Email Address or Phone Number” error in your Yahoo account.