If you are being bothered by the automatic launching of Skype for Business application on your computer, you can stop it from doing so by making changes to your Skype. However, if you are looking to simply uninstall Skype for Business application from your Windows or Mac system, you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Guide to Uninstall Skype for Business
Steps to Stop Skype for Business from Starting Automatically
- On your computer, open Skype for Business application, click on the Gear icon, and select Tools Tools > Options from the drop-down menu that appears on your screen.
- Next, you will need to select Personal option, deselect the checkbox next to “Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows” and “Start the app in the foreground” option. Then, you will need to click on the OK
- After that, you will need to click on the File > Exit.
Following the above-mentioned steps will stop Skype for Business application from starting automatically. The application will be there on your computer, but you will not see it running in the background anymore.
Steps to Uninstall Skype for Business from Your Computer
NOTE: If you are using Office 365 Skype for Business, you will not be able to delete it from your computer without uninstalling the complete Office suite. This is because of the reason that Office 365 Skype for Business comes integrated with other Office apps. If you have a standalone version of Skype for Business, you can follow these steps to uninstall it:
- On your computer, go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall or Change a program.
- Next, you will need to select Skype for Business application and click on the Uninstall
- As you will click on the Uninstall option, you will be prompted to confirm your account. In the prompted box, you will need to click on the Uninstall
- After clicking on the Uninstall option, you will need to wait until the un-installation process gets completed.
- Once you are done uninstalling the Skype for Business application, simply click on the Close button and you are done.
Important: In case you do not see Skype for Business listed in the “Uninstall or Change a program” section, it means that you are using a version which comes integrated with other Office 365 apps. Here, you will be able to uninstall the app only when you remove all of the Office from your computer.
For the Mac System
Steps to Uninstall Skype for Business from your Computer
- In order to uninstall Skype for Business from your Dock, you will first need to log out of Skype for Business on Mac.
- Next, you will need to close the Skype for Business on Mac sign-in page.
- Then, you will need to press Control and click the Skype icon simultaneously and select the Quit
- Then, you will need to go to Finder > Applications, scroll down to the Skype for Business option, and drag and drop it into the Trash
So, these are the workarounds that you can follow to uninstall Skype for Business from your Windows and Mac system.