How to Solve File Transfer Failed in Skype
Skype has become an integral part of today’s professional world. Everybody is using it not only to communicate but also to share documents. Sending documents via Skype is a very time saving way than email. And as time is money in the corporate world, this feature helps Skype to gain its popularity. But sometimes, users face problem while transferring a file to the receiver. But before indulging in the solutions to transfer file in Skype, we need to study the probable reasons for the error.Problems users face during File Transfer:
There are numbers of problems users are facing while transferring a file via Skype.
- The users are not able to send files.
- The users are not able to receive a file from the senders.
- The users cant upload the documents.
- The sending procedure is incomplete showing an error message
Reasons of failed file transfer in Skype:
Poor Connection: You need a good internet connection to send or receive file in Skype. A poor bandwidth does not allow Skype to execute the command.
File Size: Skype allows maximum 300 MB as a file size which can be shared. If the user is sending any file size more than the limit, it will fail to upload.
Receiver’s Availability: The user can’t send file to any contact outside Skype. The receiver must have a Skype id and account in which he/she will receive it.
Acceptance to Transfer the File: The users need to accept the invitation to receive the file. The file sending will be unsuccessful if the users deny the invitation.
How to fix the file transfer failed in Skype?
- First of all, check that the file transfer option is enabled or disabled. If this option is disabled, then no one can help you to send or receive files. That’s why; you should enable the file transfer as soon as possible.
- You can check the Logs for Errors. Now go to the Tools and then Options. In the Options dialogue box, you will find Help your Skype Support team help you where you have to login. Now you can find the logs in the tracing folder namely “C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\[16.0 or 15.0]\[Skype for Business or Lync]\Tracing . In another logging option, you can find, “Also collect troubleshooting info using Windows Event Logging” where logging data to Window’s event logs can be stored. There you can find error messages like “Error: Improper Shutdown” which may freeze the file transferring.
- You can run DirectX Diagnostics (dxdiag.exe) on any Window PC easily. To run this click on the Start button and enter dxdiag without any quotation marks in the search box. In the result you will find dxdiag.exe file which you have to click. The DirectX Diagnostics file will scan and show you the result.
If your file transfer is enabled and all of the above traits look perfect, then there may be something which blocks Skype to send files. Malwarebytes is one of the programs which deny the command of the Skype to send or receive files. They see the file as a malware vector and block them. You need to add Skype in the Web Exclusion list of the Malware Bytes.