One of the best things that you can do with your Skype account is the option to share your screen with other on Skype. With screen sharing feature, you can easily share your screen during an audio or video call in Skype on Android (6.0+), iPad, iPhone, Mac, Linux, Windows, and Skype for Windows 10 (Version 14). To know how to enable screen sharing during a Skype call, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Enable Screen Sharing in Skype
NOTE: Make sure that you have latest version of Skype installed on your system before you try enabling the screen sharing on Skype.
- For Desktop Skype Application: you will need to select the Screen Sharing button. (The following feature is not available for Web version of Skype)
- For Android Skype Application: you will need to tap on “More” option (three horizontal dots) and then you will need to tap on the Screen Sharing button.
- For iPhone and iPad Skype Application: Here, you will need to tap on the “More” option (three horizontal dots) and then tap on the Screen Sharing
After that, in the confirmation window, you will need to select Skype and then Start Broadcasting option. If anytime you wish to stop sharing your screen, you can simply click/tap on the Screen Sharing button again. The sharing of your screen will be stopped.
- The Screen Sharing feature is only supported on Android 6.0 and above, and iPhone and iPad with iOS 12 and above.
- If you are not seeing the option to share your screen on Skype, you might be using an old version of Skype. Make sure that you are using the latest version of Skype.
- The bandwidth which is required for using the Screen sharing in your Skype account is the same that is used to make a video call in Skype.
- Apart from screen sharing, you can also add people to your call, record your Skype call, Send a reaction during your call. For this all you need to do is click on the icon next to the options under More option (three horizontal dots).
- Allow incoming video, toggle on or off.
- Add people to your call.
- Record your Skype call.
- Send a reaction during your call.
So, this is how you can make use of screen sharing feature in your Skype account during an audio or video call.