One of the most common problems reported by users with their Skype account is of connectivity with a microphone. As there are numerous reasons that can be causing issues with Skype microphone, it can be a bit tricky to overcome this issue. If you are also having issues with your Skype microphone, you can fix the problem by following the workarounds provided below.
Steps to Fix Skype Microphone Issue
- Make Sure That Your Microphone is Set to ON for Skype
If you are using Skype application on a device running on the Windows 10 operating system, it is suggested to ensure that your microphone is set to ON for Skype in the Privacy Settings. To do so:
- On your Windows 10 computer, press the Window key on your keyboard along with “I” key.
- Next, you will need to click on the Privacy
- Then, click on the Microphone option located on the left pane. Make sure that the status is ON for Skype. In case it appears to be OFF, click it to turn on.
- After that, you will need to sign in to your Skype account and check whether your Microphone is working or not.
- Configure the Audio Settings on Skype
- Sign in to your Skype account on your computer.
- Once you are in the Skype window, you will need to click on the Tools option located in the menu tray on top. This will open a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click “Options…” option. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, click on the Audio settings located on the left pane. Then, set up your Microphone device and deselect the checkbox next to Automatically adjust microphone settings option and click on the Save
- Now, check whether your Microphone works properly or not.
- Make Sure that You Have Up-to-Date Sound Card Driver Installed
If you have incorrectly configured or outdated sound card driver installed on your computer, you may face trouble using Skype Microphone. While the above-given workarounds should fix the problem, however, if they don’t, it is suggested to update your sound card driver.
In order to update your sound card driver, you can go to the manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest driver software on your computer. Once you are done downloading and installing the latest sound card driver on your computer, restart your computer to check if the Skype microphone is working properly or not.
- Restart Your Windows Audio Service
- On your computer, press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the run command.
- Once the Run command box opens on your screen, you will need to type msc and click on the OK button.
- Next, you will need to right-click on the Windows Audio service option and click on the Restart
- Then, sign in to your Skype account and check whether your Microphone is working or not.
So, these are the workarounds that can help you fix the Microphone related issue with your Skype application. if still you are having any issue related to Skype account you can always get an help from Skype support team.