Signing up for Yahoo Mail account not only lets you have access to emailing service of Yahoo but also allows you to get access to Yahoo Search, Yahoo News, Yahoo Maps, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Answers and more. If you wish to register for Yahoo Mail account, you can do so by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Sign Up for Yahoo Mail Account
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to the Yahoo sign-in page.
- On the Yahoo sign-in page, you will need to click on the “Create an account” button located at the bottom of the page. You will be direct to the Yahoo sign-up
- On the Yahoo sign-up page, you will need to enter your First name, Last name, Email address, Password, phone number, Date of Birth, Gender (optional) in the relevant fields.
NOTE: In the email address field, you will need to either create a new Yahoo email address or you can use an existing email address by selecting “I’d rather use my own email address” link located below the Email address field. Similarly, providing Gender information is not necessary and you may skip it if you wish to.
- After you are done filling the required information, you will need to click on the Continue
- Next, you will need to verify the phone number entered by you. For verification, you will need to click on the Text me an Account Key You will receive an Account key on your phone.
- Enter the Account Key in the prompted field on the subsequent screen and click on the Verify
- Once your phone number will get verified successfully, you will be shown a “Congratulations” message on the next screen. Then, click on the Let’s get started Doing so will direct to Yahoo homepage.
- At Yahoo homepage, you will need to click on the Mail option located on the top-right corner of the screen. You will be taken to your newly created Yahoo Mail account.
And, this is how you can easily sign up for a Yahoo Mail account. Additionally, you can secure your account using two-step verification. Enabling Two-step verification feature in your Yahoo Mail account send a security code on your phone number each time you (or someone) try to access your account from a new device or browser. To enable two-step verification feature, follow the instructions provided below:
Steps to Enable Two-Step Verification in Yahoo Mail Account
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and click on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Account info You will be directed to the Account info page.
- On the Account info page, you will need to select Account security option from the left-hand side panel.
- In the Account security page, scroll down to click on the slider button next to the Two-step verification You will be directed to the next screen.
- From the next screen, simply follow the on-screen prompts to activate two-step verification feature in your Yahoo Mail account.
So, this is how you can secure your Yahoo Mail account against unauthorized intrusions.