It is always better to be safe than to be sorry. Yahoo Account key is the most secure and safe way to access your mail account as you will not face the problem of either forgetting password or hacked account. It needs your smart phone to allow the push notification to access your account.
Steps to Set Up a Yahoo Account Key from Web Browser:
- Open Yahoo Mail from your web browser and log in.
- Now click on the Account Info
- You have to go to the Yahoo Account Security page.
- Select the option See how it works. In your mobile app, a notification will appear on your Yahoo Mobile App.
- Now click on the Approve icon on the mobile app to allow yourself to use the account.
- Now go back to the web browser and click Always use Yahoo Account Key
- Now you have to confirm your mobile number which you will need if you want to regain the access to your account.
Steps to Sign In With Account Key in Android:
- First of all, you need to sign in to your Yahoo App on your mobile device.
- Now go to the Yahoo Sign In Page.
- You have to enter the Yahoo ID and then click Next button. An automated notification will be sent to your Account Key registered device.
- On your mobile, click on the notification or you can open the Yahoo app and click on the Account Key icon.
- Now click on the Approve icon.
- You may have to enter or verify a confirmation code.
Steps to Disable the Account Key:
Many of the users use their Yahoo account from multiple devices and Yahoo App. In that case, they can choose the device in which they want to receive the Account Key. If you don’t want to receive the Account key option and go back to the normal password login option, then you can disable it very easily.
For Web Browser:
- Visit the Yahoo Account Security Page from the web browser.
- Go to the Yahoo Account Key and click on the Manage button.
- Now toggle off the button if you want to disable it.
- On the other hand, you can click on the Disable Account Key located at the bottom part of the screen to revive the password option.
From Yahoo Mobile App:
- From your app, click the Menu button
- Now select the Account Key icon.
- Click Manage Account Key
- Now toggle off the button located at the right side of the devices you want to off
- Optionally, you can go to the bottom section of the page and click Disable Account Key link.