Recovering your MSN Mail account is quite simple if you would be having access to the alternate email address or phone number linked with your MSN Mail account. However, this doesn’t mean that this is the only option to recover your account. The other method is a bit complex and doesn’t guarantee the recovery. Below you can find the step-by-step instructions to recover your MSN Email account.
Guide to Regain Access to MSN Mail Account
1.) Open the Microsoft sign-in page and enter your username (Skype, phone, or Email). Click Next.
2.) On the next page, click on the link (highlighted in blue) Forgot my password. You will be directed to a new page.
3.) On this page, you will see three options like the following:
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
4.) Select the most appropriate option and click Next.
5.) Now, you will be prompted to enter the captcha shown on the screen in the provided field. Once entered, click Next.
6.) Next, you will be given three options like these:
- Email a***36@*mail.com
- Text ********36
- I don’t have any of these
You will need to select any one of the options in order to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account.
7.) If you select Email Address option, you will receive a security code on your email. Similarly, if you select, Phone Number option, you will receive a security code on your phone number.
8.) Enter the Security code on the subsequent page and click Verify. If verified successfully, you will be directed to create a new password for your account.
9.) Enter the new password in the provided fields and click Next.
10.) Now, you will be able to access your MSN Mail account using this password.
Note: If you don’t have access to the email address and phone number in Step 7, click on the I don’t have any of these option and follow these instructions:
- After selecting I don’t have any of these option, click Next. You will be prompted to provide an email address which is different from the one you are trying to recover.
- Enter the email address and click Next. You will receive a code on the email address which you will need to enter on the prompted
- Enter the code and click Verify
- Provide as much information as you can on the next page and click Next.
- Follow the further on-screen instructions and if everything goes right, you will be allowed to access your MSN Mail account.
And, this is how you can easily recover your lost MSN Email password.