While some of the Skype users log in to their account using their email address, then there are some who prefer to use their Skype ID to access their account. If you have been accessing your Skype account using your email address and now you are wondering as for what is your Skype ID.
If you are looking to find your Skype ID but don’t know how to find it, this guide can help you. In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to find a Skype ID.
Steps to Find Skype ID of Your Skype Account
On Mobile Devices
If you are using a mobile application on your smartphone or tablet, you will need to go to the Settings application to find your Skype ID. Here are the detailed steps that can help you find your Skype ID.
- Launch Skype on your Android Device
On your Android device, open the applications’ menu and tap on the Skype application icon. You will be taken to the Skype application. If you are not already signed in to your account, you will need to log in now.
- Go to your Profile Photo
Once you are logged in to your Skype account, you will need to tap on your profile photo located at the top-center part of the screen. This will direct you to your profile.
- Find Your Skype ID in your Profile
Once you are in the profile section of your Skype account, you will find your ID listed under “Skype” section. Your Skype ID can be your name or it may begin with “Live” (followed by a couple of characters) depending on when you registered your account. In case you wish to copy your Skype ID to the clipboard, simply tap on the username, confirm that you wish to copy it and paste it to the location where you wish to.
If you wish to find your Skype ID for your account on the desktop, you can follow these steps to find your Skype ID.
- Launch Skype application on your desktop and sign in to your account using your email address if you are not already logged in.
- Once you are logged in to your Skype account, click on your Profile Picture/Name located on the top-left corner of the Skype window. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- In the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the Skype profile option located under the MANAGE This will pop-up an additional window on your screen.
- In the window that appears on your screen, you will be able to see your Skype ID under the Profile Depending on when you created your Skype account, your Skype ID may start with “Live” followed by a couple of characters.
- You can copy your Skype ID by simply by clicking on it and selecting the Copy option that appears on the screen. Then paste it to the location where you wish to.
So, this is how you can easily find the Skype ID for your account.