If you don’t find Facebook useful anymore and want to do away with it, you can easily deactivate or delete your Facebook account by following the steps provided below. However, before deleting your Facebook account, make sure to take back up of important data from your Facebook account.
- Start by signing into your Facebook account. Once you are logged in to your account, you will need to click on the Down arrow icon located on the upper-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings
- Under the Settings section, go to the General Settings Here, you will see the message which reads “To download your information, go to your Facebook information.”
- Here, click on the “your Facebook information” highlighted an option.
- Then, you will need to click on the View option located next to “Download your information” on the next screen. This will take you to the next page.
- On the next page, you will find the option to download your information. Download your data as per your requirement by going through the information given on the page.
After you are done downloading your Facebook information, follow the instructions to delete your Facebook account permanently.
Guide to Delete your Facebook Account
1.) Begin by clicking on the Facebook Account Deletion page. Make sure to sign in to your Facebook account if are not logged in already.
2.) On the Facebook Account Deletion page, a small box would be displayed with some information in it.
3.) Go through the provided information carefully. In addition to the information, the following two options will also be provided on your screen: Deactivate Account and Download Info.
- Deactivate Account: Clicking on the deactivate account option will allow you to use messenger service and also get back access to your FB account whenever you want to. However, if you have decided to delete your account permanently, you will not be able to use messenger service as well.
- Download Info: If you select the Download Info option, you will be direct to the Facebook information page, from where you will be able to backup your account information.
4.) After taking the backup of your Facebook information, you will need to click on the Delete Account button located on the lower corner of the box.
5.) As you will click on the Delete Account button, you will be asked to confirm your decision by entering the password in the provided field. Enter your password and click Continue button to delete your Facebook account permanently.
- If you wish to recover your deleted Facebook account, you will be able to do so only when it has not been more than 14 days since you deleted your account. Post 14 days, you will not be able to access your Facebook account at all.
- Also, Facebook may take up to 90 days to completely remove the things you posted in your Facebook account. You can be assured that your Facebook information will not be accessible to any other Facebook users.
So, these are the instructions you will need to follow to delete your Facebook account. If still, you are looking for Facebook support so you can connect with Facebook customer service number to fix Facebook account.