Most of the users, especially the younger ones, when creating their Facebook account try to use the creative name instead of their actual title to stand out of the crowd. However, when after some time they get bored with their FB name and wish to change it, they are unable to find the option to change or update their name.
If you are also looking to change your name on Facebook but don’t know how to do it, then this guide will help you. Here, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to change your name on Facebook.
Steps to Change Your Name on Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook account for which you wish to change your name.
- Once you are logged in to your Facebook account, click on the down arrow icon located on the top-right corner of your Facebook account page. This will open the drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on the Settings You will be directed to the Settings page of your Facebook account.
- Under the Settings page, you will need to go to the General tab located on the left-hand side panel. In the General Account Settings section, you will need to click on the Edit option next to your name. You will be directed to the next page where you can edit and change your name.
- To change your name, clear your existing name from the field next to the First name and enter the name you wish to add. Similarly, clear the text from the field next to Surname.
- Once you are done making the changes to your name, click on the Review Change. This will open a small window on your screen in which you will be previewed your name. The message would be like this:
Choose how your name will appear on your profile
(Your Name) (Your Surname)
(Your Surname) (Your Name)
If you wish to make your name appear in the (Your Name) (Your Surname) format, select the first option, however, if you wish to make your name appear in the (Your Surname) (Your Name), you will need to select the second option.
- After that, you will need to enter your Facebook account password in the prompted field and click on the Save Changes button to save the name you changed. The name will be updated right away.
- Alternatively, you can also include an additional name to your Facebook account. To do so, just click on the “Add or change other names” option located in the same General Account Settings
- As you will click on this option, you will be directed to the About You section of your Facebook account. Under About You section, first you will need to select the type of name you wish to add under Name Type, and then enter the name in the field next to Name.
NOTE: If you wish to make this additional appear in your Facebook account, make sure to select the checkbox next to “Show at the top of Profile”.
- After that, click on the Save Changes button to include the additional name in your Facebook account.
And, this is how you can change your name in your Facebook account.