Skype comes with numerous advantageous features to make the communication-related task effortless. Among the various useful features, one feature that users generally use is the option to block someone annoying him/her on Skype.
If you are also being bothered by someone in your Skype account, you can simply block the person in your account and prevent him/her from contacting you through Skype. To know, how to block a person on Skype, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below in this guide.
Steps to Block a Person in your Skype Account
- Launch Skype application on your computer and sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Once you are logged in to your Skype account, you will need to select the name of the person you wish to block by selecting his/her name from the contact list on the left-hand side panel.
- As you will select the name of the person from the Contact list, your chat messages with him/her will appear on the right-hand side section.
- On the right-hand side section, you will need to click on the Name of the person located on the upper section. Doing so will open a small window on your screen.
- In the small window, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Block contact option. This will open a confirmation box on your screen.
- In the confirmation box, you will need to click on the Block The person will be blocked right away from contacting you through the Skype application.
NOTE: Optionally, if you wish to report abuse from the person you are blocking, you can click on the slider button next to the “Report abuse from this person” in the confirmation box. Select the exact reason from the given option on the next screen in the confirmation box and click on the Block button.
And this is how you can block a person in your Skype account. In case, you later wish to unblock the person you blocked earlier in your Skype account, you can easily do so by following the instructions provided below:
Steps to Unblock a Person in your Skype Account
- In your Skype account, you will need to click on the Menu bar icon (three horizontal dots) located on the left-hand side panel in the top-left corner. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the Settings This will open a Settings window of your Skype account.
- In the Settings window, you will need to click on the Contacts section located on the left-hand side panel.
- In the Contacts section, you will need to click on the Blocked contact option. This will open the list of contacts blocked in your Skype account.
- From the “blocked contact” list, you will need to click on the Unblock option next to the person you wish to unblock. The person will be unblocked in your Skype account.