A lot of iPhone users who are trying to connect their Yahoo account on their iPhone are receiving Server Unavailable error. If the error persists even after several attempts and waiting for sufficient time period, then the problem is nothing to do with Yahoo Server and it needs to be fixed at your end.
Resolving this issue is quite simple. You just need to create a new email account with other options instead of using Yahoo Mail option from the list under create new mail settings. Along with this, you might also need to customize IMAP and SMTP details. To know how to resolve this issue, follow the guide mentioned below.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Server Unavailable Issue on iPhone
1.) On your iPhone, tap on Settings option and select Mail, Contacts, Calendar option.
2.) Under Mail, Contacts, Calendar option, select Add Account option. This will open a new screen where you will be prompted to choose an account.
3.) This time, tap on Other option instead of Yahoo Mail. Then select Add mail account option.
4.) On the next screen, you will be asked to provide your email account details. Enter your Yahoo Mail account details in provided field with Name, Email, Password etc.
5.) Once you are done entering the details, you will be prompted to provide IMAP and SMTP server details. For this, simply enter imap.mail.yahoo.com in your IMAP address under INCOMING MAIL SERVER and smtp.mail.yahoo.com in your SMTP address under OUTGOING MAIL SERVER.
Note: In case you have enabled two-step verification on your Yahoo account, you may need to generate an app password in order to access your Yahoo Mail account on iPhone. You can do that by following these steps:
- On a desktop web browser, open your Yahoo account and move your mouse cursor to your Profile Name.
- Select Account info option Profile Name, a new window will open.
- Select Account security option in the Account info You may need to re-enter your password to get access to Account security page.
- Under Account security page, click on Generate App Password or Manage App Password This will direct you to a new page.
- Select iPhone Mail from the drop down list and click Generate button located next to the option.
- Copy the Password generated and then go to the Settings option on your iPhone and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap account under the Mail, Contacts, Calendars window and replace your password for the Yahoo Mail account with generated one.
So this is how you can fix the Yahoo Server Unavailable error on your iPhone.