Connecting printer with a computer or laptop is easy with wire or USB cable; simply Plug and Play (PnP) feature makes it easier. But this will be restricted to a single computer system; if you want to use the printer at your home network or office setup then you has to think beyond that.
There are multiple users in a network and when they want to take print then they need to rush to that particular computer system where the printer is connected with a wire. A home network or personal network for a business set up has the advantage to share the resources. A single printer can be used by everyone in your home or office group.
Your Laxmark printer comes with a built-in feature of using the printer wirelessly from multiple devices in a define network. It extends the capability of other devices to take print easily from network printer. This requires a special setting to be configured for first-time use; after that, this will be available automatically for each users of that network group.
Guide on how to configure Wi-Fi network for Lexmark Printer
The method for configuring Laxmark printer by Wi-Fi network is easy with these step-by-step guides. You don’t need be to a tech savvy. All you need is simply follow these guides accordingly.
Before you start setting up, just make sure that
- Your wireless router should be WPS ‑ certified or WPS ‑ For more information, see the documentation provided with your wireless router
- A wireless network adapter is installed in your printer or your printer should be wireless compatible. For detailed information, see the instructions that came with the adapter or printer’s user documentation
Method -1 – Using the Push Button
- First go to the control panel and navigate to
Settings > Network/Ports > Wireless > Wi‑Fi Protected Setup > Start Push Button Method
- Follow the instructions on the display
- That’s all you need to do
Get Support for Lexmark printer at:- http://www.customerservice800.com/lexmark-printer-support
Method -2 – Using the personal identification number (PIN)
- Start from the control panel then navigate to
Settings > Network/Ports > Wireless > Wi‑Fi Protected Setup > Start PIN Method
- Here copy the eight – digit WPS PIN
- Now open a Web browser, and then type the IP address of your access point in the address field
- View the printer IP address on the printer home screen. The IP address appears as four sets of numbers separated by periods, such as 220.127.116.11
- If you are using a proxy server, then temporarily disable it to load the Web page correctly
- Now access the WPS settings. For more information, see the documentation that came with your wireless router
- Here you need to enter the eight – digit PIN, and then save the changes
Enjoy Printing wirelessly from your Laxmark Printer